10 March 2022 – Sydney – Daikin Australia has launched its new R32 Altherma Mono-Bloc system – a highly flexible, energy efficient home heating and cooling system that creates consistent, controllable comfort for homes.
Daikin’s Altherma range of hydronic heating and cooling systems is one of the most energy efficient ways of achieving even, radiant and draught-free heat.
The new R32 Altherma Mono-Bloc system is the next evolution in the range, offering:
Latest R32 refrigerant
- R32 refrigerant, used in the heat transfer process, is the next generation in refrigerants with 66% lower ‘Global Warming Potential Factor’ than 410A (used in previous models), meaning less risk of harm to the environment.
Modernised design and control
- The new outdoor condenser unit features a modern silver/grey finish. It is 35% shorter and 7% lower in volume than previous models.
- A new stylish wired controller with black finish and 4.3” colour LCD display is included with all models and offers the ability to control the individual water temperature of up to two zones or emitters.
Simplified installation and space saving
- The new Mono-Bloc design requires no indoor hydrobox and a wiring centre is no longer required when connecting to a domestic hot water system. This results in simpler, faster installation and substantial space savings.
Significant energy performance improvements
- Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) increased by up to 36%
- Coefficient of Performance (COP) increased by up to 13%.
Available in heating only or reverse cycle options and Class 9, 11, 14 and 16 capacities, Altherma efficiently creates the optimal indoor temperature by utilising ambient air. Between 66-80% of the heat energy produced by Altherma comes from the outside air and is free of charge.
The compact outdoor unit extracts heat energy from the ambient outdoor air, raises this heat to a higher temperature and then distributes the warmth throughout the home via common heat emitters such as underfloor heating circuits, fan coil units and radiators. This highly efficient process uses the new R32 based refrigeration cycle which requires only 1 kilowatt of electrical energy to release in excess of 4 kilowatts of heat into the home.
To cool the home, the reverse cycle option extracts heat from inside the home and releases it outside.
An optional domestic hot water tank can be integrated into the system to satisfy the home’s hot water needs making Daikin R32 Altherma Mono-Bloc a total home heating solution.