Gas prices are growing year on year and experts are
predicting they will continue to climb for more years
to come. This is bad news when your gas heating
amounts to approximately 69% of your gas bill.
Major changes in the gas market have increased the
running cost of gas heating appliances for
Australians. The amount Australian households pay
for gas is heavily influenced by the higher prices gas
exporters can obtain from other countries. As a result,
Australian households are paying more for gas1.
Now for the good news...
Households can make considerable savings of up to 32%
on their heating running costs by switching to a Daikin
What’s more... you’ll enjoy all these other benefits with a Daikin.
Better Air Quality: A Sensitive Choice approved product by the National Asthma Council Australia.
Intelligent Eye: A human presence sensor allows for the ability to either direct airflow towards you or away from you for draft-free comfort, or if the room is unoccupied for 20 minutes, the unit automatically goes into energy saving mode.
Comfort Mode: Guarantees draft-free operation by positioning the louvre downwards to drive warm air to the bottom of the room.
Powerful Mode: If you need to heat the room quickly, powerful mode maximises the power for 20 minutes, before automatically returning the unit to the original setting
Smart Phone Control (Optional): Allows you to monitor and control your system from virtually anywhere
Our Research and Development team compared average running costs of a gas heating system versus a Daikin split system.
This comparison was based on delivering identical heating running times from both options and then calculating the running costs.
||Daikin Split System
|5 Star Room Space Heater
||Model: Cora FTXM50Q / RXM50Q
- Output of Gas Heater = 6 kW (21.6 MJ)
- Output over 500 hours = 10,800 MJ
- Gas Consumption over 500 hours = 12,706 MJ
- Gas cost = 2.374 cent MJ
- Additional electricity costs (i.e fan and control electronics) = $9.63
- Total Gas cost = $301.61
- Total cost of gas heating = $311.24
- Output of Air Conditioner = 6 kW
- Output over 500 hours = 3,000 kWh
- Electricity consumption over 500 hours = 665 kWh
- Electricity cost = 32.087 c kWh
- Additional energy electricity costs= $0
- Total electricity cost = $213.38
- Total cost of electric heating = $213.38
Electricity and gas tariffs based on Melbourne residential winter offers at 3 May 2018
Energy conversion, 1 kW = 3.6 MJ
Gas consumption based on High Efficiency 5 Star Room Space Heater (85% conversion efficiency of gas to heat)
Gas heater electricity consumption = 0.06 kWh
* Sustainability Victoria ‘Victorian Households Energy Report’
** The Conversation ‘Ditching Gas heating and cooking could save you hundreds of dollars’